The TestDaF (Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache = Test of German as a foreign language) serves as proof of sufficient German language skills for people who wish to study at a German university.
As standardized exam for meeting university language requirements, the TestDaF exam is equivalent to the DSH exam (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang). The advantages of the TestDaF over the DSH are:
- The certificate is recognized by all universities and technical or applied sciences colleges in Germany.
- The test can be repeated any number of times.
- The clear structure of the test into reading comprehension, listening comprehension, written and oral expression allows for targeted preparation.
- The certificate has unlimited validity.
- It is a standardized, centrally created and centrally corrected examination, which guarantees students a fair exam.
In addition, the TestDaF is respected proof of language skills for all those who wish to do scientific research work in Germany or wish to document their German language knowledge.
Students with no prior knowledge of German can reach the required language level in approximately eight months at the Humboldt-Institut. We are happy to help all students in our intensive courses (from level C1) who would like to take the TestDaF exam with additional exercises or TestDaF-specific tasks that can be integrated into regular lessons.
The TestDaF is currently offered in two versions – paper-based and digital. The advantage of the digital version are the shorter registration period and the faster correction time.
Due to high demand the spaces for these exams are booked out early, so students should enroll at the beginning of the enrollment period to take them. Please find the dates and enrollment form at TestDaF.