Updated on May 5, 2022
After not being able to offer as many summer courses as usual in the last two years due to the pandemic, we are planning a step back towards normality this year. As a result, preparations for our summer program this year are in full swing. Apparently, our students are also looking forward to finally traveling again this summer, because one of our summer courses is already fully booked for this year!
In this blog post, we would like to inform you about all German summer courses for children, teenagers, and adults that will take place at the Humboldt-Institut in 2022 and for which there are still free places. Let’s go!
German Summer Courses for Children
Even though one summer course for children (Heessen Castle) is already fully booked, our younger students do not need to worry. There are three other locations this summer where we will offer intensive courses with 25 lessons (45 minutes each) per week for this age group. Accommodation with full board, a daily leisure program, and weekly excursions round off the offer. All courses take place in quiet locations, and the safety of our students is always guaranteed by means of our 24-hour supervision.
In Reimlingen, the Humboldt-Institut offers a German summer course for children aged 9 to 13. The course takes place in July, and can be booked for two or four weeks. Reimlingen is a small village in Bavaria surrounded by castles. Our summer course is held in the local conference house, which is surrounded by a beautiful park. Students stay in twin to quadruple rooms, which are equipped with bathroom ensuite. Horse lovers’ expectations will also be met in Reimlingen, where we offer a riding course for beginners for an additional fee.
In Bad Schussenried, next to teenage students, children between the ages of 10 and 13 can attend German courses. Since the institute is open all year round and the courses can be booked for a minimum of two weeks, this course location offers maximum flexibility in terms of dates and course duration. Bad Schussenried is a historic monastery town and is idyllically situated between the Danube, the Iller, and Lake Constance. Our students stay in twin rooms, which are equipped with bathrooms ensuite and balconies. A special feature is the school’s own indoor tennis court, which sports-minded students are welcome to use.
In Bad Dürkheim, the Humboldt-Institut offers a German summer course for children aged 10 to 13. The course takes place in July and can be booked for two or four weeks. Bad Dürkheim is a quiet spa town with about 20,000 inhabitants. The town is surrounded by numerous medieval castles. It is the ideal starting point for hikes and bicycle tours as well as for excursions to sights and famous cities such as Heidelberg, which is only about 45 minutes away. Students stay in two- to four-bed rooms, some of which are equipped with private bathrooms.
German Summer Courses for Teenagers
This year, young people have the opportunity to choose between nine course locations for their summer course – one of which is brand new to the program. At all locations, the intensive courses include 30 lessons (45 minutes each) per week as well as accommodation with full board, a daily leisure program, and weekly excursions. Of course, we also guarantee 24-hour-supervision by our team at the course locations for teenagers.
The new location in Oberallgäu joins our program this year for the first time. This summer course is held at the Elias Youth House in Blaichach and is aimed at young people between the ages of 13 and 17. Our students will be accommodated in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite. Blaichach is located in the middle of nature and offers a fantastic view as well as great opportunities for outdoor activities. For example, rafting and water ski are included in the varied recreational program.
In Düsseldorf, we offer summer courses for students aged 14 to 18. For the summer course Düsseldorf, we are guest in a modern youth hostel directly on the Rhine. The large city was awarded second place in the category “Quality of Life in Germany”. Our students stay in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite. The course can be booked for two or four weeks in July.
In Cologne, Munich, Berlin-Teenager, and Vienna, young people between the ages of 15 and 18 can visit us during the summer:
- Cologne is the fourth largest city in Germany and is famous for its UNESCO World Cultural Monument: the Cologne Cathedral. Our summer course takes place at the Cologne-Deutz Youth Hostel on the banks of the Rhine. Students are accommodated in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite, and the course can be booked for two, four, or six weeks between early-July and mid-August.
- Munich is said to be Germany’s safest big city, while exuding a lot of Bavarian charm. Our students stay at the Jugendgästehaus Don Bosco in a central yet quiet location. They live mainly in twin rooms, but also in triple and quadruple rooms. The summer course can be booked for three or six weeks between mid-July and the end of August.
- The summer course Berlin-Teenager takes place in Germany’s capital. The city is world-famous and offers everything from art to history that city lovers love. The youth hostel at the train station is located centrally but still in a quiet side street. Our students are accommodated in triple and quadruple rooms with bathroom ensuite. You can book the course for three or six weeks between the beginning of July and mid-August.
- The only Humboldt Summer Course outside of Germany takes place in Austria’s capital, Vienna. Vienna is the city with the highest quality of life in the world, and our students notice that too! They stay in the Jugendgästehaus Wien-Brigittenau in twin rooms with bathroom ensuite. The special thing is that the German course takes place on a school ship on the Danube. In the morning, the students take the 10-minute walk to the ship together. The summer course can be booked for two or four weeks in July.
The institutes in Bad Schussenried and Lindenberg are open all year round. In addition to children, teenagers between the ages of 14 and 17 can also attend the German courses in Bad Schussenried. The same conditions apply to teenagers as to children with regards to accommodation and course duration (see above). In Lindenberg, the students are between 13 and 17 years old. They live mainly in twin rooms as well as in triple or quadruple rooms, which are equipped with bathroom ensuite. The year-round bookability with a minimum duration of two weeks offers maximum flexibility regarding dates and course duration.
German Summer Courses for Adults
Our two year-round courses for adults (18 years and older) are of course also open in summer. The intensive courses with 30 lessons (45 minutes each) per week are available from a minimum duration of two weeks. Our students can book the courses with or without accommodation and full board. For boarding students we offer daily leisure activities as well as weekly excursions.
One of these two course locations is in the beautiful university town of Constance, directly on Lake Constance. Our institute is only a 15 minute walk from the lake and offers a wide range of leisure activities due to its proximity to Switzerland and the Alps. The extensive cultural offerings in the pretty old town include concerts, exhibitions, cabaret theater, and much more. The institute is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will offer our students modern single and twin rooms with bathroom ensuite when it reopens in the summer.
While Constance makes you enjoy the surrounding nature, our institute in Berlin-Mitte captivates with the typical flair of the capital: art, politics, economy, and history are on the agenda here. Right in the center of the capital, our students may not have a view of the lake, but they do have a view of the famous TV tower, which can be seen from our rooftop terrace and from some student rooms. Our students are accommodated in single, twin, and triple rooms, which are equipped with bathroom ensuite. The central location and good connections to public transportation make it easy to explore the city.
With this extensive offer, there really is something for everyone! The great thing is, no matter which course location you choose, you can only do it right. Because the German summer courses at the Humboldt-Institut stand for:
- intensive language courses
- cozy accommodations
- delicious food
- many exciting leisure activities and excursions in an international environment!
We are looking forward to many students from all over the world as well as to an unforgettable summer!