German Courses and German Summer Camps 202431. October 2023
The Humboldt-Institut provides a wide range of German courses for children, teenagers, and adults throughout the year 2024. At various locations all over Germany, students of different ages and language levels can improve their German language skills. There is a suitable course for every student, both for students with previous knowledge of German as well as for total beginners who do not yet speak a word of German.
Thanks to our packages consisting of German course, accommodation, daily leisure and cultural program as well as excursions, students can immerse themselves in a German-speaking environment outside the classroom. This language immersion is what makes the Humboldt-Institut’s German courses so unique.
We start by introducing our year-round German courses for children and teenagers. Next are the summer schools in Germany for teenagers and the summer courses for children 2024. And finally, we present our two language schools for adults in Berlin and Constance.
With these links you can jump to the following sections:
- German Courses for Kids and Teens (year-round)
- German Summer Courses for Teens 2024
- German Summer Courses for Kids 2024
- German Courses for Adults (year-round)
German Courses for Kids and Teenagers in 2024
Located in the very south of Germany, Lindenberg is our year-round residential language school for students between the ages of 11 and 17. Lindenberg is one of the sunniest cities in Germany and offers an impressive mountain panorama. The large campus provides a variety of indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities. Our boarding school concept allows for short distances and a structured daily routine.
Our school is open all year round, even in autumn, winter, and spring. The duration of the course is flexible and depends on the learning goal of the students. The minimum booking for intensive courses is two weeks. Our total package includes not only the course and all teaching materials, but also accommodation in the boarding school (all rooms with private bathrooms), full board, a daily leisure program, and a variety of excursions. All these offers and the completely German-speaking environment contribute to the learning success of each individual student.
In summer, the age group in Lindenberg is 13-17 years, as from June onwards, our course location Bad Schussenried resumes year-round operation with the age groups 10-13 and 14-17 years.
Bad Schussenried is our largest campus and can accommodate over 300 students, all housed on-site in comfortable twin rooms. All rooms have private bathrooms and balconies. The huge campus offers countless indoor and outdoor activities for young students.
The historic monastery town of Bad Schussenried is idyllically situated between the Danube, the Iller, and Lake Constance. The quiet small town offers everything students need for their daily needs.
Sports enthusiasts will find almost unlimited opportunities in Bad Schussenried. In addition to its own gymnasium, there is a large, in-house indoor swimming pool, and a climbing wall. Outside, the facilities range from sports grounds and a swimming lake to an indoor tennis court. Mountain bike tours to the beautiful surroundings complement our offer of outdoor activities. Young artists can give free rein to their creativity in our arts and crafts rooms. Games and party rooms (with billiards, table football, and table tennis) complement the diverse range of activities and ensure a varied leisure program.
For students in both Lindenberg and Bad Schussenried, the Humboldt-Institut offers an optional transfer service to and from the airports of Munich, Zurich, Friedrichshafen, and Memmingen.
German Summer Camps for Teenagers in 2024
Young students can choose between five course locations for their 2024 German summer course: Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Munich, and Vienna.
At all course locations, the intensive courses include 30 lessons (45 minutes each) per week as well as accommodation with full board, a daily leisure program, and weekly excursions. Naturally, we also guarantee 24-hour supervision by our team in the course locations for teenagers. In each location, a transfer service from and to the nearest airport or train station is also available. You can find more information on the respective course location’s page.
- In Düsseldorf, we offer summer courses for students aged 14 to 18. The capital city of Germany’s largest federal state North Rhine-Westphalia was recently awarded second place in the category “Quality of Life in Germany”. For the summer course in Düsseldorf, we are accommodated in a modern youth hostel close to the River Rhine. Students stay in twin rooms with en-suite bathrooms. The leisure program comprises a boat tour on the Rhine, an excursion to Cologne, and many other activities. The summer courses can be booked for two or four weeks starting in the end of June.
In Cologne, Munich, Berlin-Teenager, and Vienna, young people between the ages of 15 and 18 can visit us during the summer:
- Cologne is the fourth largest city in Germany and is famous for its UNESCO World Cultural Monument: the Cologne Cathedral. Our summer course takes place at the Cologne-Deutz Youth Hostel on the banks of the Rhine. The city center with the cathedral is only a short walk away via the Hohenzollern Bridge, another landmark of Cologne. One of the most popular destinations for our students in Cologne is the Chocolate Museum. Students are accommodated in twin rooms with en-suite bathrooms. Courses can be booked for two, four, or six weeks between end of June and mid-August.
- Munich is said to be Germany’s safest big city while retaining a lot of Bavarian charm. The course center in the heart of the Haidhausen district is very central yet quiet. After class, students can enjoy leisure activities and excursions, for example to the Allianz-Arena, BMW World, the German Museum, the English Garden, or the nearby Alps. Our students stay at the youth guest house Don Bosco. They live mainly in twin rooms, but also in triple and quadruple rooms. The summer courses can be booked for three or six weeks between mid-July and the end of August.
- The summer course Berlin-Teenager takes place in the heart of Germany’s capital. Berlin is world-famous and offers everything for city lovers, from vibrant neighborhoods with plenty of activities to art and history. In the afternoon after class, various leisure activities are scheduled, during which German is also spoken. On Wednesday afternoons and Saturdays, excursions are offered in and outside Berlin, for example to the Museum Island, the Reichstag, the Mauerpark, or to Dresden. The youth guest house near the central train station is located on a quiet side street. Our students are accommodated in triple and quadruple rooms with en-suite bathrooms. You can book the courses for three or six weeks between the end of June and mid-August.
- The only Humboldt summer course outside of Germany takes place in Austria’s capital, Vienna. Vienna is the city with the highest quality of life in the world, and our students notice that too! They stay in the youth guesthouse Wien-Brigittenau, near the Danube and the Danube Island, in twin rooms with en-suite bathrooms. The classrooms are also located in the youth guesthouse. This means that the students only have a short walk to class every morning. The summer course can be booked for two or four weeks in July.
German Summer Courses for Kids in 2024
Our summer courses for kids 2024 take place in four different course locations in Germany: Bad Schussenried and Reimlingen in the south, Bad Dürkheim in the southwest, and Heessen Castle in the west of Germany.
The intensive courses for kids comprise 25 lessons (45 minutes each) per week, a bit less than those for teenagers. Accommodations including full board, a daily leisure program, and weekly excursions are also an integral part of the offer. All courses take place in quiet locations, and the safety of our students is always guaranteed by means of our 24-hour supervision.
- In Bad Schussenried, next to teenage students, children between the ages of 10 and 13 can attend German courses. Since the institute is open year-round starting in summer, this course center offers maximum flexibility in terms of dates and course duration. Our students stay in twin rooms, which are equipped with en-suite bathrooms and balconies. A special feature is the school’s huge campus with an indoor pool, a gym, and an indoor tennis court.
- In Reimlingen, the Humboldt-Institut offers a German summer course for children aged 9 to 13. The course takes place mostly in July and can be booked for two or four weeks. Reimlingen is a small village in Bavaria surrounded by castles. Our summer course is held in the local conference house, which is enclosed by a beautiful park that offers plenty of leisure options such as a rope course. Students stay in twin to quadruple rooms, which are equipped with en-suite bathrooms. Do you like horses? We offer a horseback riding course for beginners for an additional fee.
- In Bad Dürkheim, the Humboldt-Institut offers a German summer course for children aged 11 to 14. The course takes place in June and July and can be booked for two or four weeks. Bad Dürkheim is a quiet spa town with about 20,000 inhabitants. The town is surrounded by numerous medieval castles. It is the ideal starting point for hikes and bicycle tours as well as for excursions to sights and famous cities such as Heidelberg, which is only about 45 minutes away. Students stay in two- to four-bed rooms, some of which are equipped with private bathrooms.
- The Heessen Castle summer course takes place on the campus of Heessen Castle boarding school in Hamm. The spacious school grounds offer our young guests numerous recreational opportunities. The former knight’s manor is characterized by its green surroundings with meadows, trees, as well as a small island in the nearby river Lippe. The summer course takes place for two or four weeks from the beginning of July.
German Courses for Adults in 2024
Students aged 18 and older can choose between two very different course locations: Berlin and Constance on Lake Constance:
- One of these two course locations is in the beautiful university town of Constance, directly on Lake Constance. The lake is only a 10-minute walk from our institute. Just like the city itself, our school is quite cozy and offers accommodation for up to 39 students in single and twin rooms. All rooms have been completely renovated in 2022 and have en-suite bathrooms. Thanks to its location on the shores of the lake, and its proximity to Switzerland and the Alps, Constance offers a wide range of leisure activities. The extensive cultural offerings in the picturesque city center include concerts, exhibitions, cabaret theater, and much more.
- While Constance makes you enjoy the surrounding nature and the medieval city center’s cobblestone alleys, our institute in Berlin-Mitte captivates you with the lively flair of the capital: art, politics, economy, and history are on the agenda here. Right in the center of Berlin, our students may not have a view of the lake, but they do have a view of the well-known TV tower, which can be seen from our rooftop terrace and from some student rooms. Students are accommodated in single, twin, and triple rooms, which are equipped with en-suite bathrooms. The school’s central location in the heart of Berlin and excellent connectivity with public transportation make it an ideal starting point to explore the city.
The intensive courses in Berlin and Constance comprise 30 lessons (45 minutes each) per week and are available for a minimum duration of two weeks. Students can choose to book the courses with or without accommodation and full board in the schools’ own residence. In addition to the short distances, our boarding students benefit from daily leisure activities and weekly excursions that support the learning process.
The two year-round course locations for adults are also open in summer. In addition, both course locations can be combined: Students can, for example, attend a German course in Constance for 5 weeks and take a course in Berlin for another 5 weeks. This way students can experience very different regions of Germany in a short time.
Advantages with Humboldt
Whether you’re a kid, a teenager, or an adult, there really is something for everyone in this comprehensive offer! The great thing is, no matter which course location you choose, you can only do right. The German courses at the Humboldt-Institut always stand for:
- Intensive German courses and German immersion
- Fun with many exciting leisure activities and excursions
- Carefree packages with accommodation and delicious food
- An international environment where you will quickly make friends!
This combination allows students to immerse themselves in a German-speaking learning environment that supports their learning while providing lots of fun and interaction: Learn German with friends!